- Make sure that the plugin is compatible with your version of the WordPress core.
- How old is the plugin? If it’s only weeks old you really don’t want to be the guinea pig.
- Make sure the plugin is being updated and well maintained by the developer.
- Look at how many times the plugin has been downloaded. If there are hundreds or thousands of downloads it’s not that popular. If there are hundreds of thousands of downloads you’re pretty much safe.
- Look at what people are saying about the plugin. There may be many people having issues with it, or there may be raving reviews.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us here at TinyFrog Technologies.