Selecting the e-commerce platform for your website is one of the most important decisions. It can impact everything from your on-going costs to the scalability of the site.
We recommend utilizing WooCommerce, which is the most popular platform worldwide with 3.3 million online stores. It also integrates seamlessly into WordPress, allowing our team to design a high-quality site.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a free, open source e-commerce application for WordPress websites. The standard WooCommerce plugin offers numerous built-in features for a basic online store.
You can then utilize any of the thousands of WooCommerce plugins, in addition to the 50,000+ WordPress plugins, to further customize your online store. This gives you the flexibility to sell 1 product or hundreds with WooCommerce.
Because WooCommerce integrates into WordPress, you don’t need to switch the site to a proprietary platform like Shopify, and you can easily add e-commerce to a WordPress site at any time.
Advantages of Using WooCommerce
Our team has been working with WooCommerce for over 10 years, and we have tons of experience in developing & maintaining complex e-commerce sites.
Overall, WooCommerce offers numerous benefits for your site, including:
- An affordable, open source application
- Integrates seamlessly into WordPress
- High-quality, custom design options & aren’t limited to pre-designed templates
- Flexibility and customization with thousands of add-on plugins
- Integrates with top payment gateways, shipping providers, & inventory management software
- Huge network of WooCommerce developers and designers
- Easily scalable for large, high-traffic e-commerce sites