Who visits your website? That’s an excellent question and one that you should strongly scrutinize before you build or upgrade your website. In fact, if you don’t give this serious consideration, it could significantly reduce the effectiveness of your site.
Before You Upgrade Your Website, Ask These Questions:
- Are you seriously considering the perspective of your web visitor when building your site and creating your content?
- Is your current site effective in terms of representing your brand, building credibility and converting visitors to viable prospective clients?
- Knowing that your website is the first thing that prospective clients will see of your business, are you proud of this first impression?
- When you designed your site, did you consult with just a web designer? Or, did you bring in a strategist who knows more about web conversion and visitor experience optimization?
- Did you take any time to evaluate the different types of visitors that will visit your site – there are typically 3-5 different demographics of visitors or visitor classes – and did you factor in their needs & objectives when building your website?
The answers to these questions will help you and your web team determine the overall website strategy and design for the website. Many clients forget to focus on how the website relates to their visitors and instead build a website focused on them and how the company hopes they’ll be perceived. In the end, you’ll have a website that meets your needs, but not the visitors’ intentions.
The success of your website and conversion strategy depends on meeting the needs of the different types of visitors coming to the website. Our web strategist can help you determine those types of visitors and how to optimize the visitor experience. If you have any questions about where to begin when considering to upgrade your website, feel free to contact our team.