1. Tell your friends about your blog and email them your url.
2. Update your blog often. The more you update, the more likely your readers will check in to see what’s new.
3. Encourage participation by writing content that lends itself to conversation. Leave open ended questions and ask for feedback. You’ll most likely get more hits because people will want to read your blog and comment on it.
4. Post comments on other blogs of similar topics and be sure to include your URL address. If your comment is compelling, other viewers will click on it to see what you’re about.
5. Submit your best post to social media sites like Digg.com or netscape.com. If it’s good enough it will gain attention.